How much does a Treadmill Weigh?
A basic question that comes to your mind before buying a treadmill is where to set the treadmill? Will the floor able to take the weight of the treadmill? To be sure you need to know how much does a treadmill weighs.
Before you buy a treadmill it is necessary that you decide whether you want a manual treadmill or a motorized one? Compared to motorized treadmills the manual treadmills are lighter. They weigh around 62lbs whereas a motorized treadmill will weigh something between 200 lbs to 220 lbs.
How makes the treadmill heavy?
Not all the treadmill weighs the same but there is a difference in their weights depending upon their make. The motorized ones have a motor that makes the treadmill heavier than the manual one. Whether you want a treadmill for your home gym will also let you decide about the maximum weight of the treadmill that you may buy.
Now the question arises that will a manual treadmill be able to take heavyweight people? Normally the make of manual treadmill is different from that of motorized and hence they can take the weight. It is found that 200 lbs is the quite standard weight that can be taken by treadmills, even NordicTrack c 990, a popular treadmill also takes it.
Apart from these two, there is another type of treadmill and once you know in detail about them you will be able to take the right decision about which treadmill will be best suited for you. There are different treadmills on the market, you need to understand them and then proceed.
Types of treadmills
To understand better that how much does a treadmill weigh you, ah veto know about the varied types of treadmill available in the market.
These are treadmills that come without a motor for moving the belt. When you walk or run you will move the belt. These treadmills are quite lightweight and do not have much functionality. Normally they do not come with functions or screens.
This is what comes to mind when you think of a treadmill. The motor moves the belt and all you have to do is keep your motion steady on the running deck. Depending upon the size of the motor the weight of the treadmill will vary.
You will get varied types of the machine under this category. Some of them will be with high functionalities while the other is comparatively cheap. It’s not only the motor that makes the treadmill heavy or light but there are other factors too.
Folding deck treadmills
Folding treadmills are best known as space savers. When you are not using them you can fold the deck so that space can be utilized for any other purpose. You can get them in both types of treadmills and with different programs incorporated in them.
So what makes the treadmill weigh?
Nowadays it is not possible to generalize the weight of treadmills because there are different manufacturers. Every day they come up with new models and with different functions. Thus let’s check out what actually the weight of the treadmill depends on?
- The motor of the machine plays an important role in the weight of it, as already discussed. Any motor that sustains high speed is made up of steel or titanium that can weigh up to 40 to 50 pounds. In such cases, the weight of the treadmills may vary.
- The most important part after a motor is the belt and on it, the weight depends a lot. Depending upon the functions of the treadmill varied types of belts are used and some of them are quite heavy that are suited for heavy-duty exercise.
- The majority of the weight of a treadmill is due to its frame. Depending upon the weight limit of the treadmill the frame is also made sturdy. In that case, the treadmill may weigh more.
The quality of exercise that you do on a treadmill not necessarily depends upon the weight of the treadmill. It’s the different programs and the functions that it offers.
What are the weights of different treadmills?
Once you know the parts that mainly compose the weight of the treadmill let’s find out the weight of some of the popular treadmills in the market.
- ProForm ZT6 Treadmill comes with 1.9-inch balanced rollers and 325 pounds weight capacity. It is quite explainable why it is one of the most versatile treadmills on the market today. Its 300 pounds frame contains quite some gadgets for different workout programs.
- 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill is a 386 pounds treadmill whose extra weight is due to the cooler that makes its running quite silent. It comes with a varied program to make your workout successful.
- NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill comes with a 3.0 hp motor and weighs 320 pounds. It has different features that make running comfortable while you can do different workouts there.
- ProForm Pro 2000 weighs around 291pounds. You can enjoy an intense workout session, thanks to its 3.5 CHP motor. It also provides a decline and inclines option.
Apart from knowing what the treadmills weigh you must also know about the weight limit of the treadmill. If a treadmill is loaded with heavier weight then there will be high wear and tear of the motor. This may cause the treadmill to get damaged easily. Like, for NordicTrack C 990, the weight limit is 300 pounds.
Apart from knowing about the weight of the treadmill, there are so many other features that you must understand before buying one. A treadmill will help you stay fit but in order to utilize it to the maximum make sure that you have learned about the different programs that it offers. Just do not choose one as someone said it is good to have this treadmill in your home gym.
It’s not only about how much does a treadmill weighs but about how you are utilizing it. Know about its functions, motor, track length, and other features. Make sure you choose one that can handle at least 50 pounds more than your body weight.